Saturday, February 21, 2009

...and now he's a soldier.





The past few days the girls, my mom and I were in Lawton, OK at Ft. Sill. My baby brother, Kevin, has been in basic training since early November... he finally graduated this past Thursday. We are SO incredibly proud of him. He has come so far and I couldnt be more proud to call him my brother. Seeing him in his uniform, acting like a soldier, seeing him walk across the stage... was amazing. He is a man now. No longer a boy.
Allison was so happy to see her Uncle Kevin... can you tell by the picture?
And you have to love those birth control glasses they made him wear!!! HAHA!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Poor Kevin, those glasses won't be forever! haha
He looks so grown up and like a man. It really amazes me how the military can change a person so quickly. You can tell you are all so proud, especially your mom. It must be hard though, knowing your baby boy is now a soldier. The pride and fear that all goes into giving your child over to the military.
Go, Kevin! We are proud of all your hard work!

Amanda said...

lol I remember seeing all those guys with "birth control" glasses when I went to Gary's Basic graduation! :)